Friday, July 8, 2011

No TSA next week.

Next week I have full week of travel. Not the fun kind of travel, but the "I have to meet clients and be away from my family" type of travel.

However when I began to setup my schedule, I realized that all my destinations were on the East Coast and are major Amtrak railway stops.

I priced out the airline fares vs Amtrak fares and I found that I would spend quite a bit more money on Amtrak then I would with Delta (my preferred airline carrier).

However...with Amtrak, the TSA hassle is minimal and usually non-existant.  THAT my friends is well worth the money.

Next week, I will be happily spending more money with Amtrak and significantly more time.....however the opportunity to avoid the TSA thieves, cancer inducing whole body X-Ray chambers and hands of blue touching places not intended for strangers...well its well money and time well spent.

Amtrak +1
Delta & TSA -1

No comments:

Post a Comment